Sunday, March 16, 2008

Making MajicCatsMini

Here are a set of MajicCatsMini in the making. The thread used to embroider them is a big pain to use as it is untwisted (or rather only lightly twisted) and it feathers very quickly. I could make it easier on myself and use a rayon DMC thread but I just can't give up the extreme lustre of this difficult thread and so I persevere with it for its unmatched brilliance. I was reading recently in C.G. Jung's book Alchemical Studies that the unconscious is attracted to bright colours. So it seems I was striking the right note when I chose to incorporate the vibrant colours of the penne velvet on the back and the lustre of these beautiful threads into the making of majicCats.

3 comments:

Poetryman said...

kewt! kool! kreative!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Really deliful cats!

Stacey said...

These little cats are just so cute. Really lovely.