Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Not Another Seven Things!!!
Jaihn has tagged me with telling you all seven things about me....
I often find these things difficult and so tend to put them off. I suppose because I have so many different worlds in my life that to tell you the truth it can be hard to know how to unite them...
Let's count that as #1 shall we ;)
But, seriously, to make it a bit interesting I thought I'd tell you about 7 things about my day (that is Tuesday 26th June).
1. I slept until 11:30am....because I'm on "holidays," that is, John and Jacqui my fellow artists collaborators of Frank Theatre have left for the annual world tour. This means I can sleep in...longer than usual, just because I can, not because I need to. It also means that with the intense work with Frank Theatre dimmed down I can concentrate on my Flying Star Toy world :) Which I'm loving!
2. Checked email incessantly for good news....maybe even a sale? No sales, unfortunately, but still had some other good news...asked to be featured on a blog :)
3. Internet and email connection going down mysteriously throughout the day..... eventually phoned my provider's friendly help desk to re-establish the link...he thinks it might be due to all the rain!
4. Spent most of the day making a proto-type and patterning a new toy....which didn't work :( the pattern worked but I was not happy with where it was going so I put it all away and was abject for about an hour. I felt like I wasted the whole day while I tried to tell myself that I'd leaned something from the failure.
5. After after finishing the third set of an as yet unreleased toy I felt better, then while walking down the corridor to the bathroom, I thought of something important re-toy designing and realised I really had learned something from my failure!
6. Broke my fine sewing needle.....I suppose it was time. I use a #10 milliners needle with a tiny eye for use with ordinary sewing cotton to close all of my toys. My mum keeps me well stocked with the very best needles so I wasn't too upset. I use my needles too long anyway, this one had developed a bend in it which while often useful weakened its structure. RIP good friend.
7. washed my hair.
Now that wasn't so bad after all....