Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Not Another Seven Things!!!

Jaihn has tagged me with telling you all seven things about me....

I often find these things difficult and so tend to put them off. I suppose because I have so many different worlds in my life that to tell you the truth it can be hard to know how to unite them...

Let's count that as #1 shall we ;)

But, seriously, to make it a bit interesting I thought I'd tell you about 7 things about my day (that is Tuesday 26th June).

1. I slept until 11:30am....because I'm on "holidays," that is, John and Jacqui my fellow artists collaborators of Frank Theatre have left for the annual world tour. This means I can sleep in...longer than usual, just because I can, not because I need to. It also means that with the intense work with Frank Theatre dimmed down I can concentrate on my Flying Star Toy world :) Which I'm loving!

2. Checked email incessantly for good news....maybe even a sale? No sales, unfortunately, but still had some other good news...asked to be featured on a blog :)

3. Internet and email connection going down mysteriously throughout the day..... eventually phoned my provider's friendly help desk to re-establish the link...he thinks it might be due to all the rain!

4. Spent most of the day making a proto-type and patterning a new toy....which didn't work :( the pattern worked but I was not happy with where it was going so I put it all away and was abject for about an hour. I felt like I wasted the whole day while I tried to tell myself that I'd leaned something from the failure.

5. After after finishing the third set of an as yet unreleased toy I felt better, then while walking down the corridor to the bathroom, I thought of something important re-toy designing and realised I really had learned something from my failure!

6. Broke my fine sewing needle.....I suppose it was time. I use a #10 milliners needle with a tiny eye for use with ordinary sewing cotton to close all of my toys. My mum keeps me well stocked with the very best needles so I wasn't too upset. I use my needles too long anyway, this one had developed a bend in it which while often useful weakened its structure. RIP good friend.

7. washed my hair.

Now that wasn't so bad after all....


shula said...

Comforting to know that I'm not the only one who goes through the abject failure thing.

I suppose we all do, but most of us don't blog about it.

Feeling better, now.

Rebecca-the-Wrecker said...

i cannot believe you did so much in your day after sleeping in till 11:30!!!! I might have to try that myself.

jaihn said...

and thank you

Florence said...

Shula, glad to know it happens to us all I know what you mean.

Bec, I lead a full life it's true, though if you do take to sleeping in until 11:30am it can feel a little weird walking to the shops to pick up bread and the kids are coming home from school!

Thanks Jaihn, I think you've helped me to make friends with the meme :D