Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Bird Week

Shannon Garson - fabulous ceramists, declared this week to be Bird Week. She's featuring a bird related item on her blog Strange Fragments everyday this week in conjuction with a competion as well.

In response to her call I thought I would post something bird related too.

This is one of my One-of-a-Kind vintage button brooches from 2005. They sold through MoBstore (Museum of Brisbane) and Craft Queensland. They did very well, with only a couple now left at MoBstore. This one is sold, but its one of my favourites - I call it "Duck on the Water", I liked the little red beads as the little bits of food the duck could eat, and the woven colour on the vintage kimono fabric like reflections on the water. Its fun but is a bit subtle too.

1 comment:

Shannon Garson said...

yayy!!
for Bird Week.
I like the little yummy tidbits floating in the water. The duck looks very happy.