Friday, June 30, 2006

Crafty Fun

Today I taught 16 childern and five parents how to finger knit and make pompoms! It was fun. Here I am at the end of the workshop. That's right, stick a camera in my face and I'll make sure I'm doing something very uncool. Oh well, it makes the kids laugh:)

The boys did really well. Here's an inventive way one of my young crafters chose to wear his piece - very groovy!

He and his mum also came up with this little critter - the wooly spider. I love it when people make things up.

I had a great time working with the kids at Sandgate Library. Sue the Librarian gave me a big bunch of flowers at the end - I love flowers. You never know how much one loves flowers until you have them in the house. So a big smiley day all round:D



5 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's a really great picture of you, Florence!

Florence Forrest said...

I thought so too:D so I've used it to decorate my backup disk for my hard drive.

I thought, "If my hard drive dies again I'll be looking like this!"

Liana Kabel said...

I think my girls may need a crafty session with you Flojo. They have already had ceramic lessons with Mel Robson and are really in need of another session with one of the greats!

Get em young and make em crafty!

mb said...

ha! you look fabulous
knitters of the world unite!

Florence Forrest said...

Aw, Shucks...