Tuesday, February 26, 2008

All Cleaned Up

I took my beloved sewing machine for a service yesterday, as I've been having trouble with the pedal. The machine would keep sewing after I had stopped.... it was like she was possessed...not good!! She needed to go to the sewing machine doctor - but how long was it going to take to fix?!

I told them how absolutely essential it was that the machine was fixed right away....I think I must have sounded like a nervous mother. They said they would see what they could do as they had a 10 day wait!! Looking around at the shop floor I saw they did indeed have sewing machines waiting in every nook and cranny. My heart sank but the friendly assistant made me feel like she would look after me. And she did, later that afternoon they phone to let me know all she needed was a thorough clean and I could pick her up as soon as I like. :) Happy days! So now she's back in her spot, queen of the toy studio, just the way it should be.

Oh, and of course, since I was out I popped into one of my favourite fabric shops, Faeries in My Garden....you can see some of the fabrics I picked up next to my sewing machine, beautiful double sided Japanese linen.

2 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I would think it essential for your profession.

jude said...

we must have our tools.